DAKSHIN SAMBAR MIX – 150g
Ingredients: Red Gram Dal, Iodized Salt, Sugar, Spice Mixes (Coriander, Red Chilli, Cumin and Black Pepper), Toor Dal, Dehydrated Tomato Powder, Tamarind Powder, Refined Sunflower Oil, Mustard Seeds, Fresh Curry Leaves, Turmeric Powder and Asafoetida.
Instructions for use:
- Cook 150g toor dal with 900ml water along with 5ml oil in cooker for 3 whistles and smash well, keep aside.
- Heat the 50ml oil, add 5g mustard, 225g onion and 5g curry leaves, saute for 2 minutes. Add 150g vegetables (beans, carrot and drumstick) and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add 1.5 litres of water and Dakshin Sambar Mix powder.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistle. Bring down the pressure.
- Add smashed toor dal to the sambar and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add 5g ghee, garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.