Soaked chick Peas – 2 Cups
Big boiled potato – 1
Green Chilies – 2
Grated Ginger – ½ inch
Udupi Ruchi Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
Chili Powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil to shallow fry
Grind the chickpeas with green chili, ginger and the Udupi Ruchi Garam Masala Powder and salt. Smash the boil potato and add to the grinded chick peas, add turmeric, chili powder, mix it and make into small flat patties and shallow fry it.
- Chole -150 gm
- Chopped Onion – 3 Nos
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Udupi Ruchi Chole Masala – 1 tsp
- Udupi Ruchi Chat Masala – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 3 Nos
- Garlic and Ginger – 1 tsp
- Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 5-6
- Oil to fry
- Salt to taste
- Soak 150gm of chole over night in a cool place with salt and keep aside.
- Heat 3 tsp oil fry chopped Onion till golden brown and coriander powder. Add tomatos and add garlic and ginger and add chili powder and salt to taste.
- Finely at last put Udupi Ruchi Chole Masala & Udupi Ruchi Chat Masala. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Rice or Roti/Bread.
- Boiled Potato – ½ kg
- Finely cut onion – 2
- Udupi Ruchi Pav Bajji Masala – 1 tsp
- Udupi Ruchi Garam Masala – 2 tsp
- Maida – 2 Cups
- Fried Vermicelli – 200 gm
- Boiled Peas – 1 cups
- Coriander Leaves and oil to fry
- Mix maida with water like paste
- Fry finely cut onion fry and mix with boiled potato, Udupi Ruchi Pav Bajji Masala and
Millet Sevai Baath – Udupi Ruchi Briyani Masala Powder
- Udupi Ruchi Briyani Masala Powder– 2 tablespoon
- Star Anise – 1,Cloves – 2, Elaichi – 1, Dalchini – 1 (1 inch in lenth), Bayleaf – 1
- Cooled Millet Sevai – 1 Cup
- Grated Coconut – 1 heaped teaspoon
- Corinder Leaves – ½ Cup, Pudina Leaves – ½ Cup, Curry Leaves – ½ Cup
- Medium Green Chilly – 4 Nos, Ginger – 1 (1 inch in length)
- Diced raw Mango – ½ Cup, Chopped Onion – 1 Cup
- Cooked Vegetables – 1 Cup (Beans, Carrots, Cauliflower, Green Peas)
- Ghee/Refined Oil – 5 Tablespoons
Saute ingredients 4, 5 and 6 in a little ghee. Grind along with siced raw mango and with a little tarmind or aamchoor to a smooth paste.
Fry the spices (Item 2) in a suitable vessel with about 2 tablespoons of ghee. Add onions and fry till transparent. Add the ground Masala and stir till the raw smell goes. Add cooked vegetables, 2 tablespoon of Udupi Ruchi Briyani Masala Powder and salt to taste. Stir on the low flame till you get a nice aroma. Add the cooked Millet Sevai and mix well. If needed sprinkle some more Udupi Ruchi Biriyani Masala Powder and ghee and stir it well.
Serve with Mixed Vegetable/Boondi Raitha.
Navarathan Kurma –Udupi Ruchi Garam Masala Powder
- Preparation Time : 20mins
- Cooking Time : 30mins
- Serve : 4-5
- Mixes Vegetables – 1 Bowl (Beans, Carrot, Peas, Cauliflower, Corn, Kennel, Pineapple Cubes, Bell Pepper (Capsicum)
- Cashew Nuts – 15
- Rains – 7-8
- Tomato – 1 or 2
- Onion – 2
- Garlic – optional
- Paneer Cubes – optional
- Coriander Powder – ¼ tsp
- Red Chili Powder – ½ tsp
- Udupi Ruchi Garam Masala Powder – ¼ tsp
- Kasoori Methi – a little
- Chop the vegetables and microwave for 5-6mins. Should be crunchy. We can add fresh Pineapple also with it while cooking.
- In a pan add oil to fry onions to golden brown and also fry cashew nuts 8-9.
- Grind after they are cool along with tomatoes into a smooth paste. Tomato puree 1 cups also can be added.
- Add oil in the pan fry the Jeera, cashews and Rains to a golden brown. Add cut capsicums cook in medium flame.
- Add the pan boiled veggies to sauté for 4-5mins.
- Add the ground paste in this and add red chili Powder, Coriander Powder and Garam Masala Powder(Udupi Ruchi) and salt.
- Mix well and boil for 5mins. Add little water, fresh cream and Kasoori Methi and Saffron in the end. Mix well. Boil for 2-3 mins. Can decorate with nuts, Grapes & Daniya leaves. I have no Kasoori Methi, so used daniya leaves only and no Paneer Cubes too.