Ingredients: Red Chilli, Coriander, Fenugreek, Cumin, Black Pepper, Asafoetida, Refined Sunflower Oil and Curry Leaves.
Instructions for use:
- Cook 75 g of toor dal in 1 litre of water with 1 tea spoon cooking oil and a pinch of turmeric powder for 2 – 3 whistles.
- Smash the cooked dal and keep aside.
- Boil some tamarind juice with jaggery. Add 15 g of rasam powder and salt to taste.
- Add chopped tomatoes (75 g) for better taste.
- Now add smashed cooked dal and water, cook for 10 minutes or till you get the desired consistency.
- Heat 1 table spoon oil / ghee, add mustard, red chilli, a pinch of asafoetida and curry leaves to make tadka.
- Add this tadka into prepared rasam, mix well, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.