Ingredients: Coriander, Red Chilli, Cumin, Red Gram Dal, Fenugreek, Asafoetida, Refined Sunflower Oil, Turmeric and Black Pepper.
Instructions for use:
- Cook 500 g vegetables of your choice for 2 whistles and keep aside.
- Cook 75 g of toor dal in 1 litre of water with 1 tea spoon cooking oil and a pinch of turmeric powder for 2 – 3 whistles.
- After cooling, add cooked vegetables into it, add tamarind juice and salt to taste.
- Add 10 g (2 tea spoon) of sambar powder, little jaggery and boil for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 table spoon oil, add mustard, red chilli and curry leaves to make tadka.
- Add this tadka into prepared sambar, mix well, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.